Intergenerational Family Formation
Stay tuned for the launch of our new intergenerational ministry this fall.
Why Intergenerational ministry?
There is quite a bit of research that shows that shared experiences and mutual learning among generations build stronger relationships and community and a more lasting "faith." Our new intergenerational program will bring all ages together between services for a period of fellowship, learning, and fun activities.
- Enhanced sense of belonging
- Learning to care for one another
- A welcoming environment conducive to promoting faith sharing
- Decreased isolation of all ages
- Affirmed value, regardless of age
- Support of families
- Increased opportunities for Christian role models
- Understanding and unity within a congregation
- Use of the gifts and talents of all ages
What are other churches who use LIFT saying about it?
“It brings all ages together and offers something for a wide span of ages. It is interactive; it is different and creative each time.”
“Families are spending quality time together. It’s incredible watching them play together.”
“Meaningful and purposeful, reflective and moving, outstanding, creative and fun, amazing, a very new experience.”
“LIFT has met a need for our congregation as we seek to grow and reach out. We have people coming who never came to traditional Sunday school, and our teens have opted to stay in LIFT rather than go back to their traditional group.”