St. Mary Magdalene Episcopal Church and Preschool (St M&M) located in Coral Springs, Florida, seeks a full-time Associate Rector to join our vibrant, culturally diverse, Christ-centered community, one that is open and progressive in our approach to matters of faith and social issues, while rooted in the ancient Anglican tradition. We are united around the core beliefs of the welcome of strangers, inclusion of spiritual inquirers from every background, and the calling of all Christians to be the body of Christ in the world.
St. M&M’s is in a pivotal time of transformation as we grow into a larger parish, with a bold, compassionate, and courageous relationship with our local community. We are seeking an Associate Rector who will collaborate with and support our Rector and our community on this journey. The successful candidate will play a key role as we grow our congregation and live into our vision to seek and follow Jesus’ way of love.
The Associate Rector joins with other staff members (rector, director of Music, preschool director, parish administrator, deacon), and lay leaders to lead this worshipping/transforming/serving community. Both initiative-taking and interdependent work skills will be important. A collaborative spirit, emotional health, deep empathy, and a reflective approach are vital. Thoughtful, articulate preaching that speaks to deep spiritual hunger and core life concerns is essential. As one of the primary Christian guides in this parish family, the Associate Rector must have a “contagious” faith and centered discernment rooted in a life of prayer. The Associate Rector should have a strong working knowledge of Spanish
The Associate Rector is responsible for creative and strategic planning, organizing, and supporting formation activities for youth, children, young adults, and families. They will oversee our Kids Faith Center (Sunday School) and work with lay leadership in oversight of our youth group(s). In addition, the Associate Rector has primary responsibility for our Spanish-speaking congregation under the direction of the Rector.
In addition the Associate Rector:
- Helps organize and support clergy and lay providers of pastoral care in addition to providing skilled direct spiritual care.
- Presides and preaches on Sundays and weekdays, and participates in collaborative liturgical planning.
- Is directly engaged with newcomer incorporation, especially for families with children.
- Coordinates closely with the ministries of parish life and communications of the congregation, especially using social media.
A successful candidate will share these values with us:
- An orientation to Jesus and his Way of Love
- Welcoming to all, comfortable in a multi-cultural setting, demonstrating openness, an inclusive approach, and affirming to LGBTQ+ people.
- Authenticity, great preaching, and a sense of humor.
- Commitment to service inside and outside the church with a growing commitment to social justice.
- Thoughtful about liturgy. We are open to liturgical innovation while remaining connected to our deep Anglican tradition.
- Strength with group process and communication skills.
- Open mind and heart about the many ways we can make church together: liturgy, music, affinity groups, small groups, house groups, functional teams. We love eating together and celebrating together.
Benefits commensurate with the Diocese of Southeast Florida (Housing Allowance, Stipend, Seca Allowance, Continuing Education, Car/Ministry Expense Allowance).
To apply please send a resume/CV, 3 references, a cover letter, and OTM portfolio to the Rev. Lee Davis, Rector:
Position open until Filled.
Application Deadline: 9/4/2021